ChasingStreetArt provides personalized boutique tours that adhere to the principles of sustainable travel. Currently these tours are offered in Morocco and Tunisia. During a tour, you will see the classical monuments and engage with intriguing street art, events, craftspeople, and artists that make up the contemporary culture. At ChasingStreetArt we are interested in helping you explore these special places often overlooked. We bring you another way to enjoy the place and culture you are visiting.
OUR APPROACH TO SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL
We are committed to providing a Sustainable Travel Experience. ChasingStreetArt provides a sustainable travel experience for travelers to Morocco and Tunisia. We take specific actions in three areas:
- We employ locals
- We create local partnerships, including
- Hotels with sustainability ratings
- Local businesses that create artisanal products
- Restaurants that use local products
- We minimize the use of plastic disposals and excess packaging
- We manage CO2 emissions through offset contributions
- We educate clients on how to include CO2 offsets in their travel
- We highlight local artists and artisans in our tours
- We offer experiences that highlight important cultural features such as culinary arts, festivals, textiles, and other local crafts
- We focus on employment opportunities for women
STREET ART HISTORY
Street art is related to graffiti art in that it is created in public locations. However, as opposed to graffiti, it is usually sanctioned by the building or landowners.
Where modern-day graffiti revolves around ‘tagging’ and text-based subject matter, street art is far more open. There are no rules in street art, so anything goes. Common materials and techniques include fly-posting (also known as wheat-pasting), stenciling, stickers, freehand drawing, projecting videos, and lighting installations.
Street artists will often work in studios, hold gallery exhibitions or work in other creative areas. Mural painting and the creation of installations give them another venue in which to work.